Thursday, December 13, 2007

TT # 21~ 13 Places I Would Like To See in England,Scotland & Ireland

Thirteen Things about RAE

I have been reading 1000 Places To See Before You Die from what I have read so far this book is great so this week I figured I would share 13 of the places that I have read about so far which are England,Scotland & Ireland places I would like to visit feel free to click on each one it will
take you to a web page about each item
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.Tea at The Ritz-London,England
2.
Stratford-Upon-Avon-Warwickshire,England
3.
Stonehenge-Wiltshire,England
4.
Scotch Whisky Trail-Highlands,Scotland
5.
Highland Games-Braemar,Highlands,Scotland
6.
Edinburgh Castle-Endinburgh,Scotland
7.
Blarney Castle & Blarney Stone-Cork,Ireland
8.
Windsor Castle-Windsor,Berkshire,England
9.
Winchester Cathedral-Winchester,Hampshire,England
10.
Chelsea Flower Show-London,England
11.
Warwick Castle-Warwick,Warwickshire,England
12.
Salisbury Cathedral-Salisbury,Wiltshire,England
13.
Loch Ness-Highlands,Scotland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


22 comments:

Robin said...

I've been to England many times but I haven't been to Scotland since I was 14 so it's high time to go back, and Ireland is forever at the top of my "one of these days" list. Great list.

Coco said...

I have that book but I haven't read it cause I'm scared I would really really want to see those places but are unable to. Hahah.

Tilly Greene said...

A great start on places to see. I've been lucky enough to see some of these places and highly recommend anyone who can, go and experience them in all their glory - even Warwick Castle with it's torture spaces.

jenn said...

I think I'd love to visit any castle...
Happy tt!

Jane said...

I have been to England and Ireland and have seen Stonehenge and the Blarney Castle and Blarney Stone. I would love to see the others on your list.
Thanks for coming by my T13.

Lori said...

Add a little scotch whiskey to your tea, close your eyes and you could probably go to all of those places for free (smile). Happy trails!

Rian Fike said...

Now you have my mouth watering for shortbread!

Susan Demeter said...

I hear that Stonehenge is overrated, and the Avebury circle is far cooler but I am with ya on all of the others :) Great list, and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Dreamer said...

Great list. I would love and have been begging my hubby to take me to England for the last year. :)

Sassyfrazz said...

I would love to go to any of those places too! I would just love to go to any of those countries~

I have a great contest up on my blog if you want to stop by to enter:
Sassyfrazz

Happy TT~

Lori said...

Great list...Id love to go to Europe too. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

tanabata said...

Fun idea! I'd be scared to read that book. I'm sure it would trigger a major travel bug! As for your list, I've been to or done #1, 3, 6, 8, 11, 12 and enjoyed all of them! :)

pussreboots said...

I would like to go to some time. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Nichole said...

My list of places to see before I die is growing by the day. I went to the British Isles this past summer, so I have actually seen several of the places on the list...my favorites were the castles!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm probably biased but Stirling castle is a better one to visit, as Edinburgh castle is a bit militaristic. Stirling is more domestic! Oh, and I met my husband on the shores of Loch Ness, so I have very good memories of that location!
Lives Less Ordinary

Nicholas said...

I've been to ten of those thirteen, but then I lived in Britain for almost all my life so far.

Tea at the Ritz is so civilized. Not cheap though!

Open Grove Claudia said...

Gosh, let's go! Great choices too! I bet we'd have a great time! :)

Happy TT

Natalie said...

Dang it I haven't been to any of those...can I come too?

Rebecca said...

I have a list like that in my head - but good idea to actually write it out, then maybe I might actually go to these places... 8-)

Cynthia said...

I visited Stratford Upon Avon and had a wonderful time! I actually bumped into/ran over Prince Charles (short) I hope you get there!

Tink said...

I've done only two of those, but I'd love to do them again and all the others too!
Thanks for visiting my best wishes TT.

ellen b. said...

I LOVE GReat Britain!!
I've been to #'s 2,3,6,8,11,12,13
I want to go to Ireland next. The Scotch Whiskey Trail is one we'd like to do in the future. We've been to Oban and the distillery there. I hope you are able to travel to these great countries!