Thursday, August 31, 2006

Water & Doctors & Insurance

Ok since Sunday I have been drinking only water, water with crystal light(god I love that stuff can't go wrong its only 5 calories LOL) and I had a cup of Vanilla Chai Decaf Tea (OMG this is so yummy) but anyways so all week it's been water and man I swear like every 30 min i feel like I'm running to the bathroom thank god we live in a one bedroom lol.....It seems my Doctor's office has lost their minds I called Monday to make an appt for next week and one of the receptionists tells me that they have a new scheduling thing in effect you have to call for an appt the week you want to be seen...Ummm WTF now what are the chances of me actually getting an appt next week when I call and if I can't I am going to be pissed cause I need to bee seen next week the week after is too late.. Now here is something funny well not funny but I had to laugh to keep from pulling my hair out at the time...Monday I went to pick up one of my BP meds and my Depo shot and when she rings it up she is like $ 100.51 and i'm like excuse me hell my BP meds are like $ 22.00 and the shot is $ 10.00 she says well let me take a look come to find out my insurance wouldn't cover it casue there is a generic version on the market and then she says to me do you still want it ummm no I say...I am not paying $ 75.00 for a lil vial that is no more then a inch tall and looks like its full of a mixture of milk and water...So I called the Doctor's office and the Dr said she would fax over a prescription for the Generic version as long as it works and I don't grow a third eye or anything i'm happy...That's all for now.....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

hey I saw you on another blog and thought I would check you out! I am Shannon a blogger in recovery and other things LOL and I live in Washington too... I am in Tacoma... anyway wanted to say hi and feel your pain with dr offices.. LOL I work for ins carrier...
Happy Friday

Kimberly said...

Generic medications are identical in drug to their more expensive counterpart. No third eyes :)